A more effective and universally designed interface.
Limitations in the 7th October release:
- The results page available after submission (if activated by the planner) will not include the correct / incorrect answers (e.g. MCQ). The PDF version (viewed via the student dashboard) will, however, still display this
- Essay - Writing and editing long texts: Candidates no longer have to change to full screen mode
- Essay - Sketches: The diagram and sketch tools are replaced by one, single drawing tool. Optimized for touch and stylus pens
- Flexible PDF Panel - Candidates can now easily resize PDF panels.
- Flagging (optional) - Allow the candidates to flag questions requiring additional attention
- Table of contents (optional) - Give the candidates an overview of all questions on the test
- Maximum score per question (optional) - Allow the candidates to see the possible score of each question
- The navigation bar now sticks at the bottom of the screen
- "Deliver blank" moved from the submission page to the Options menu
- Virus scan in upload assignment
- Home exam - Automatic submission. A more intuitive workflow when the candidate uploads a new version of their submission (before the test end time).
The candidate user interface is cleaner, more straightforward, and includes a more effective navigation bar
Options: The test options are displayed when clicking the menu button in the top right corner
Submission page: The candidates can see the status for all questions before submitting, and can filter by unanswered and flagged questions (if flagging is activated)
Learn more about what´s new for the candidates by clicking here
In October the planner can decide which player version to use on a test. The new player can be used on all tests (FS, Ladok, Inspera Assessment, Demo. Only users with the role 'planner' can select which version to use. The choice of player version is made under 'Options' in the 'Setup' tab regardless of test type.
To use the new player, select Activate Assessment Player 2.0 on this test
New player not activated: Activate the new player by one click. Compare the player versions by clicking preview at the bottom. Remember to first add a question set.
New player activated: When Assessment Player 2.0 is activated, additional options will display that are only available in the new player. These options cannot be previewed in the old player.
The new player does not lead to any changes in the existing functionality for questions and content. It is still important for authors to familiarise themselves with what´s new in Assessment Player 2.0 to ensure existing content is displayed correctly in the new player. This will also enable them to start using the new functionality once it becomes available. As part of the new player launch, the authors can see a new, advanced question set preview tool.
This settings preview is the first step in a larger plan to allow authors to define settings for tests in the future.
Compare new and old player in the authoring tool: Click the "eye" to preview in old player, and the new "2.0 Preview" to preview in new player.
Preview - Devices: See how the question set layout works on various screen sizes
Preview - Settings: Test the various settings for the student interface. Remember! The final settings for the test must be set by the test planner.
Important: The settings defined by the author in Preview, are not set as settings on the test the question set is added to
The questions are displayed in the new player. The candidates´ submissions are displayed in the old.
Old player is completely replaced by the new player.
- The display of the selected alternative, correct and incorrect answers
- The numbering of questions in Grading reflects the numbering of the questions (1a,b,c 2a,b,c).
Options and actions are initiated from a menu in the top right corner:
Options: The actions the candidates themselves and/ or only the invigilator can take.
Invigilator password: Input field for the invigilator password